Let’s summarize what it means for God the Holy Spirit to indwell in us and for us to dwell in God. We know when God the Holy Spirit indwells in us, we individually become His physical and spiritual Temple here on earth. God the Holy Spirit lives in our physical body and is in communion with our spirit. (1) The joining together of God’s Saints in true worship and true service to God forms Christ’s Bride Church – His physical Kingdom of God here on earth using the sound mind of Christ to accomplish His spiritual way and will. (2)
(1) The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, (Romans 8:16) NKJV
(2) Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. (Matthew 6:10) NKJV
(2a) Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you]. (Romans 12:2) AMP
What must be clearly understood is when I/you/we dwell in God, we are sealed in Him in the spiritual supernatural realm by God the Holy Spirit. (3) God the Father is seated on His Throne in the third heaven with Jesus seated at His right hand. (4) Scripture shares with us that we are spiritually seated at the right hand of Jesus in heaven thus we must set our minds on higher spiritual things. “If then you have been raised with Christ [to a new life, thus sharing His resurrection from the dead], aim at and seek the [rich, eternal treasures] that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. [Psalms 110:1.] And set your minds and keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth. For [as far as this world is concerned] you have died, and your [new, real] life is hidden with Christ in God. (Colossians 3:1-3) AMP (5)
(3) In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory. (Ephesians 1:13-14) NKJV
(4) I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago — whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows — was caught up to the third heaven.
(2 Corinthians 12:2) AMP
(4a) Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:2) NIV
(5) Even when we were dead (slain) by [our own] shortcomings and trespasses, He made us alive together in fellowship and in union with Christ; [He gave us the very life of Christ Himself, the same new life with which He quickened Him, for] it is by grace (His favor and mercy which you did not deserve) that you are saved (delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ’s salvation). And He raised us up together with Him and made us sit down together [giving us joint seating with Him] in the heavenly sphere [by virtue of our being] in Christ Jesus (the Messiah, the Anointed One). He did this that He might clearly demonstrate through the ages to come the immeasurable (limitless, surpassing) riches of His free grace (His unmerited favor) in [His] kindness and goodness of heart toward us in Christ Jesus. (Ephesians 2:5-7) AMP
Not only are we sealed with God the Holy Spirit and seated next to Jesus Christ on His Father’s Throne, but we are also recognized as having our citizenship in heaven. “For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.” (Philippians 3:20-21) NKJV
This is where our “PACKAGE DEAL”/“ONENESS” with God is revealed/made manifest – “When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.” (Colossians 3:4) NKJV The Greek word used for “appear” can also mean “render apparent” or “to make known” which means that Jesus’ character can be revealed to you by your having an intimate spiritual relationship with Him without your actually having seen Him physically.
But there is a condition to our citizenship in the spiritual supernatural realm. “Brethren, together follow my example and observe those who live after the pattern we have set for you. For there are many, of whom I have often told you and now tell you even with tears, who walk (live) as enemies of the cross of Christ (the Anointed One). They are doomed and their fate is eternal misery (perdition); their god is their stomach (their appetites, their sensuality) and they glory in their shame, siding with earthly things and being of their party. (Philippians 3:17-19) AMP
We must disconnect our Christian worldview from the profane secular humanistic worldview. “If then you have died with Christ to material ways of looking at things and have escaped from the world’s crude and elemental notions and teachings of externalism, why do you live as if you still belong to the world?” [Why do you submit to rules and regulations?] (Colossians 2:20) AMP
Our worldview must be about the work of the Kingdom of God that has been prepared for us since the foundation of the world. Can you see why it is so important for you to bear everlasting fruit – winning lost souls/sinners to Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and to disciple them to a true and firm faith in Him as their Lord God and Master? (6)
(6) For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live]. (Ephesians 2:10) AMP